SADDLE MOLDING PROCEEDURE
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO PERFORM A STANDARD MOULDING OF YOUR SADDLE
- Install saddle to an optimized riding position. A professional bike fit is highly recommended.
- Attach bike to a stable stationary trainer system.
- Set a timer with an audible tone using the provided time table (below).
- Fill out the Forming Details card with rider info and forming conditions.
Set a timer with an audible tone using the provided time table.
- Inspect the AC Adapter connector and port at the base of the saddle, remove any debris.
- Ensure AC adapter is toggled to OFF position then plug adapter into saddle from the rear side.
- Plug adapter block into AC power source. Assure cable won’t catch moving bike components.
- Mount bike and begin to pedal at a steady cadence.
- Initiate timer and switch power to ON position simultaneously.
- When the timer has expired turn the AC adapter toggle to OFF.
- Shift between 3 riding positions during cooling every 30 seconds (hands on flats, hoods, drops).
- Maintain pedaling cadence for 6 minutes while the saddle cools to room temperature.
- Unplug the adapter from the seat then unplug the adapter from the power source.
- Make notes of forming results on the Forming Details card.
- If a greater forming impression is desired allow 30 minutes for saddle to cool and repeat steps 1-14 with an additional 30 seconds of forming time.
FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR NEW SADDLE
- Not recommended for riders over the weight of 225lbs or 102kg.
- Reduce extended periods of exposure to rain or direct sunlight.
- Clean the magnetic connection points before forming. A stiff bristle toothbrush works quite well.
- Inspect AC adapter before each molding, do not use the AC unit if you suspect it is damaged.
- Do not turn AC adapter switch ON before connecting the magnetic end to saddle. Turn the
switch OFF before removing the magnetic adapter from the saddle.
- Unplug AC adapter while not in use, store in the protective bag provided.
- Failure to switch off the heating system within the suggested times may result in damaging your saddle permanently.
- Ideal operating temperature for this saddle is between -5°C and 40°C.
- AC adapter plug locks-on from one direction, the cable must enter from the rear side of the saddle through the seat clamp.
- Best forming results can be achieved indoors with an optimized saddle position, and clipless pedals.
- A minimum of 8mm spacing between the seat clamp bolts and the shell base is recommended for adequate room to flex and form.
- Use a high quality seat post with a 9x7mm clamp profile to prevent damage to the rails.
- Use a certified calibrated torque wrench to tighten down rail clamps. We recommend 7 N-m for dual bolt system or 10 N -m for a single bolt system.
- In addition to the impressions left by sit bones, it is normal for the widest points of the saddle to fold down up to 5mm during forming to create pressure relief
- Asymmetrical forming or creasing in the carbon fiber shell around displaced areas is also normal behavior for this process